The building was a former public house called ‘The Queens Head Hotel.’ The brief was to re-plan the interior of a 2-storey apartment overlooking the Oxford/Cambridge boat race finish line.
After the demolition of a 1960’s building, a new main entrance was built in its place connecting the 1920’s and 18 Century Listed buildings either side with the use of high quality matching materials.
The project designer created the requirement for an unusual Oak feature sited at a high point in the property and which various tapestries flowed throughout the building charting the history of the house and its occupants.
In 2008 the Finchingfield Guildhall trust was formed to save the site from dereliction. Expert craftsmen were employed using ancient techniques, and local materials were sourced.
The construction of a new Architect designed ‘round’ house in green Oak including curved grained radiused plates throughout
The total refurbishment of a 16th Century Tudor House in Surrey from ancient timber frame repairs to new areas built with both fully seasoned and fresh sawn English Green Oak.
New English Oak wooden staircase for the south entrance at The White Tower at the Tower of London
Converting a 19th Century barn roof with new Oak trusses that needed to be hand crafted for the project.