Leading UK Supplier
Whippletree are a leading UK supplier of individual lath and lime products right through to the complete package.
Laths make an ideal and traditional substrate for lime-based renders and plaster. They help to keep the timber frame rigid and also provide a strong backing for the render or plaster to key to. This is vital as lime does not set as hard as cement render.
- Hand riven oak
- Hand riven chestnut (sweet)
- Sawn oak
- Sawn larch (durable softwood)
- Hazel round & ½ round wattles
- Stainless steel fixing nails
- Very strong; no short grain; good key characteristics. Will outlast any other type of lath.
- Strong; no short grain; very good key characteristics; straighter than oak, thus less wasteful. Will last almost as long as oak.
- The longest lasting and strongest of sawn laths, but not as strong or as long lasting as riven oak – a good compromise.
- Untreated naturally durable softwood with a very low knot content. Good value for money.
- Coppiced hazel for traditional wattle and daub.
- Annular ring shank nails that are not corroded by oak or chestnut tannins. 30mm x 2.65mm - 1kg. box @ £25.00 per box + VAT
As suppliers to many listed building and traditional new-build projects for a number of years Whippletree stock a range of lime products:
A good lime to use – closest to the original building lime. Externally it should only be used between April and October. Internal use is all year round.
Well-known hydraulic lime that takes on a ‘set’ after a few hours – so is also quicker to use than Putty.
Please note that all limes need full protection from frost until thoroughly dried. This will ensure it doesn’t contain any moisture that can freeze, leading to expansion and that in turn causes failure.
- Animal hair
- Chalk dust
- Brick dust